Monday, July 28, 2014

What To Do In The Meantime

For some time I have been compiling a mental list of reasons to stay or leave California. The factor that weighs the most heavily is my home. Selling it would net me quite a tidy sum. Renting it out would require me to spend no small amount to get it prepared for rental and would leave me with no nest egg. There are other factors big and small including finding work in the new location, all of which are being considered. In the meantime I need a goal to keep me creative and working and I think I may have found it.

I'm going to act as if I am going to leave. This mostly means getting my affairs in order; cleaning house so to speak. I'll be getting rid of any dead weight so I can travel light, paying off debts, repairing and putting into play anything I plan to keep, emptying out the closets, cabinets, and garage, etc. It'll be like spring cleaning in overdrive except for the fact that this is summer. I'm also going to start or restart any habits that contribute to getting a fresh new start. I need for 2015 to look wholly different than 2014 and I believe this is the path. Either way, for whatever is next, I'll be mentally and physically ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment