Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Keeping The Television In Check

I've had to upgrade my TV game as too much television is a distraction from one's goals and living life more fully. I'm certainly not giving it up because diversion or no, I do enjoy it. It's just that I have to put it and keep it in its place. It's probably easier for me than most guys because I'm not a sports person.

A few months ago I decided to pick one show at a time and watch an entire season and nothing else, not unlike binge watching on Netflix. If I don't like the show enough I remove it from my hard drive and from my life. I don't get distracted by other stuff that's good because I know I'll get to it sooner or later anyway and there's no time wasted channel surfing or looking for something interesting to watch. Of course I'll miss out on all the water cooler talk about the latest episode of this or that but my tastes don't seem to be very mainstream anyway so there's no loss.

Here are some of the shows I've recently finished a season of and can recommend: Game of Thrones (HBO), Penny Dreadful (Showtime), Continuum (Netflix), Under The Dome (not amazing but better than I expected) and Hannibal (probably one of the best shows I've seen all year). Remember, control your TV or it will control you.

No comments:

Post a Comment